Monday, November 24, 2014

Sunday Reflection's






The title of D's message was again, Attitude of Gratitude.  The title of our Sunday School lesson was "Wisdom above, Wisdom below".  The best way for me to sum up my thoughts from yesterday is this...If you have wisdom from above, you will have (should have) an attitude of gratitude.  And, the first thing you will be thankful for is this....That Jesus took the beating & the ridicule.  He died.  He rose.  All for you.  All for me.  And then the list will go on from there. 

Here's another thought.  D encouraged the congregation last week  not shop on Thanksgiving.  When we do, that means someone has missed being with their family.   I've seen/heard commercials advertising that certain stores will be open Thursday at 6:00 pm. or what ever time.  When I've heard them I've thought to myself the things we do for "things" that are important to us.  We make the time to do them.  We make the time to save that dollar.  But when it comes to your relationship with God, your prayer time, your giving back because He has given so much, what do you do?  I know I'm guilty of putting it off.  I will get to it later.  You get the idea.

I may not be back this week.  It is Thanksgiving week.  There's stuff to be done.  Food to cook.  Family to see.  So from this family to yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving week.  Enjoy your family.  Enjoy your food.  Enjoy your shopping.  But before you enjoy any of it   Thank God for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment