Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday's Thoughts on Fashion (sort of)



I've had few words or thoughts for this week.  (Rare I know, but no need to call a medic) I haven't been short on either, it's just the public probably didn't care to see, read, or hear them. 

Monday started off just really, really weird.  It was almost like a helter/skelter Monday.  But by mid morning things had settled down.  I spent the day with my mother.  Shopping!!  I think it was a much needed day for us.  We were able to do it and it not involve a doctor's appointment.  The weather was beautiful.  The last day of bliss so to speak.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or her.  I know I was tired when I got home.

Since then, my mind has been a whirl wind.  So has the house.  Let's just say Operation Christmas decorating has begun. 
There are stacks and piles like this through out the house.  I can't stand it.

This mantle is complete.   I've never gone to the trouble of doing this much on the mantle.  But I found the piece hanging on the wall Monday & knew instantly I would be working on this mantle.  Needless to say, I'm in love.


For some reason I got the urge to hunt down some vintage ornaments.  I just so happened to see a picture on facebook so my sister in law checked it out for me.  I'm so glad she did.  I made a bee line as quick as I could to get them.

And I'm so in love with my little vintage table.   (yes that's my yard sale radio!)  I know!  Adorable right??? Yes, those are old, old, old, salt & pepper shakers too.  There's a story behind those.  That's a post in itself.

Anyway as you can see I've been a bit busy.  I haven't given much thought to fashion at all.  Just how to dress the house for Christmas.  I guess that's a good thing being that there's been this polar vortex and all.  I promise I'm going to try my best to keep my attitude in check.  (at least til Christmas & then??)

Silas & I may just have to do a lot of napping until Spring.  Speaking of Silas, he was groomed yesterday.  The first grooming since we got in trouble.  I'm happy to report that Ms. Cheryl was happy with us.  We've been brushing just about daily since that day.

I will add my two cents about decorating before Thanksgiving.  Obviously I'm not against it.  I celebrate Thanksgiving like everyone else.  I cook & eat & cook & eat.  In my defense though, Christmas is the only Holiday I decorate for.  There hasn't been a pumpkin one in the house and I don't even own a turkey. Real or fake.  You know, Christmas is the best Holiday to celebrate.  It is after all the time we set aside to celebrate the birth of our King.  Our Redeemer.  I will also tell you that unless Christmas day changes like a lot has in my world, all of this stuff will be coming down Christmas afternoon.  If not then, for sure the 26th. 

Sorry there wasn't any fashion.  But honestly it's just been yoga pants & sweats all week.  I may even have to break out some of D's long john's.  I'm just not made for this!!!!
Until next time, enjoy the "polar vortex" whatever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment