Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunday Reflections

Here it is Monday night and I still haven't got this post posted!  The computer, Internet, & my brain weren't communicating very well last night.  And it has taken me all day today to process the last three days.  So with out further ado.....

It has taken every bit of fifteen minutes just to get this first sentence typed.  That tells me that Satan doesn't want me to reflect on this day.  I just really have no words to describe our service this morning.  It started with our lesson as always.  Those ladies in that class have no idea how much they mean to me.  I explained to them that Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde was with them which wasn't far from the truth.  I love the fact that I can get behind that door and still be me.  I don't have to pretend.  We can share secrets, heartaches, concerns or just frustrations and it all stays right there.  We laughed til we cried this morning, and once we got started in the service we cried some more.  But not from laughing.  Mainly because of the sweet presence that swept through that room. 

When D got in the pulpit he explained that what was about to happen was rare and not anything that he had experienced or done in our time there.  For the first time God hadn't given him a message.  But he had given him a vision if you will.  When two or three are gathered, He is in the midst.  We had more than three and He was surely in the midst. 

Once church was over I had the privilege of attending a bridal show with the future daughter in law,  her mom & sister.  We laughed and got some good ideas.  I ordered supper for my bucnch, had some conversations over the Mexican food & laughed really hard.  As I was emptying the dishwasher & winding down from the day (headache & all) I could hear laughter from both upstairs & down.  I could hear girls giggling & boys laughing.  I couldn't help but thank my Father for all the blessings.  Not just of today, but yesterday & tomorrow.  He is so good & so worthy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment